Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaNoWriMo - 4th Post

9350 words, which isn't bad progress but which is an almost sure sign that I won't make it to 50K by the end of the month. Which shouldn't be a surprise, I know, considering the time constraints of my life. Tomorrow night I will be talking with my friend Stephen Rader about the biochemistry aspects of the story, which may help push it forward, but to be honest, I have some decent forward momentum, I know where the story is going, and I like the characters.

It does seem to have morphed into a YA tale, of course. Which may end up working in its favour.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I had to skip NaNoWriMo this year (out of town 22 out of 30 days of November) but am still working on novel I started last year (now at 75K, about half way I figure.) I'd be finished by now if I wasn't struggling to look after Mom and settle Doug's estate stuff (very complicated). But my wife has booked me on a cruise in April where it is all sea-days. Locked in a cabin by myself with just my laptop for 7 days, I might be able to finish this baby. The beauty is, the cruise is cheaper than the writer's retreat I had been toying with, and frankly, with a lot better food.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]